Grace Lutheran Church, with its stately arched façade and four iron-braced wooden doors, is something of a landmark in the surrounding residential neighborhood of El Cerrito. Growing from a Sunday School and worship service in Albany, Grace Lutheran was organized as Grace Congregation on April 15, 1935. The Spanish-style sanctuary was built in 1950. The church is a member of the <a href="http://www.lcms.org/">Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod</a>. Rev. N. Vernor Olson has served as pastor since 1990.