In case you hadn’t noticed, El Cerrito is home to families of many types and sizes. Here are some options for family friendly meals out.
- is well-known by locals for a big children’s play area and family-friendly wait staff. This is the place where moms and dads come to have a nice Guinness on tap with some English home-style fare, while their kids don soldier hats and and enjoy the toys in the play area.
- is a no-brainer for wide booths and extensive customizable menus. The El Cerrito Denny’s bumps the service up a notch with local wait staff who and seem always to have smiles on their faces. Come often enough and they’ll know you by face if not by name.
- is a local treat, still unknown to some locals. Did you know that the owners, who have owned and run this restaurant for a few decades now, came out of recent retirement to cook everything themselves for their customers from scratch? They bring it out to you fresh as it’s cooked. There are plenty of tables here to spread out into, and they have a great lunch menu as well.
- is a part of a chain. This local outlet is involved in projects that help West Contra Costa County, such as the Bay Area Rescue Mission. They have large tables and a children’s menu. The staff are friendly. There are a number of great deals on food here, from $3.99 breakfast plates to the mile-high sandwich clubs.
- opened in El Cerrito in 1993. Owned by the Wong family, the restaurant has a friendly, family atmosphere and is off the beaten track. There are plenty of large tables, and it is a very popular dinnertime spot. The portions are large, so you get a lot of bang for your buck.