One thing that many people who live in El Cerrito and Kensington have in common – judging from the comments of our readers and the many people we’ve interviewed for the Who's Who column – is a desire for sustainability in the food industry and an appreciation for local organic foods. We offer a short list of places to find organic foods.
- has a fine selection of vegetables, fruits, meats and dry goods. The smoked bacon is typically in hot demand and is often sold out with eager customers inquiring as to when the next batch will come in.
- often has organic fruit and vegetable choices from apples to avocados, as well as organic beef. The store was originally petitioned into business by involved El Cerritans who begged the company to bring their business into the Plaza.
- has been slowly growing their organic section due to popular demand and often has fruits in season from farms located in California. The produce is very affordable.
- has a variety of vendors that sell a range of offerings from local honey to grass-fed beef. With summer here, why not take a visit on a Sunday and sample some of the great treats available to you in your own neighborhood.
- in Kensington offers organic produce that is clean and well organized, as well as products from local businesses such as .