Since I'm quite new to El Cerrito, I'm heavily depending on the community (that includes you!) to learn about important stories worth covering. In between tips from the last El Cerrito Patch Editor, Charles Burress, and residents, here are some topics I've started researching:
- Fundraising progress for Hillside Natural Area
- El Cerrito High School football stadium construction, and its impact on the neighborhood.
- Update on Windrush and the new charter school moving in.
- Business closures and what's going on with vacant buildings: Nib's restaurant, Guitar Center, Safeway on Moeser, and others.
- How the drought affects the city
I'm also always looking for tips on great businesses to profile and events to cover.
And if you haven't already, please connect with El Cerrito Patch on Facebook and Twitter. Our newsletter is pretty nifty, too.